1. The language goal of this kind of conversation is to_______.
A. ask a question about purple
B. answer a question about red
C. identify colors
2. They are talking about_______ they're going to eat at bill's birthday dinner.
A. the food B. what C. the fruit
3. When does Bob usually brush teeth?
A. At six fifty. B. At six forty. C. At ten past seven.
4. Why does the girl decline the mans invitation to his party? Because she_______.
A. has to study for a physics exam
B. must prepare for a math test
C. has a geography test.
5. Where was Sarah yesterday at the time of the rainstorm?
A. On the street B. At the bus stop. C. In the library.
6. What do the boy's parents want him to do after school?
A. Hang out with his friends. B. Spend time alone. C. Have more lessons
7. What school is the boy in now?
A. A senior high school B. A junior high school. C. A primary school.
8. How will the boy get into a good school and a good university in his parents opinion?
A. If he is good at English, math, physics and so on.
B. If he does well in sports and the arts
C. If he gets good school results and learns other skills
9. What kind of parents does the boy have?
A. hard-working. B. Careless. C. Lazy.
10. Why do the boy s parents want him to learn as much as possible? Because they expect him to be a _____man in the future
A. successful B. good C. knowledgeable
11. What subject did Mrs. Wang teach the writer?
A. Chinese. B. English C. Biology.
12. What would the writer have problems doing?
A. Speaking B. Writing C. Listening.
13. What did Mrs. Wang encourage the writer to do?
A. Speak more slowly than he used to
B. Practice reading slowly more
C. Practice speaking slowly more
14. When did the writer win an English speech contest?
A. In Grade 7. B. In Grade 8. C. In Grade 9.
15. What is the attitude of the writer towards her teacher?
A. Polite. B. Hateful C. Grateful.
Robert and Henry were going home from school, when, on turning a corner, Robert 16 out, “A fight! Let us go and see!” “No,” said Henry; “Let us go quietly home and avoid this quarrel. We have 17 to do with it, and may get into trouble.”
“You are not a brave boy, and afraid to go, "said Robert, and off he ran. Henry went straight home, and in the afternoon went to school, as usual, 18 Robert had told all the boys that Henry was a coward, and they laughed at him a great deal.
A few days 19 , Robert was bathing with some schoolmates and 20 his depth. He struggled and screamed for help, but all in vain. The boy 21 had called
Henry a coward, got away from the water as fast as they could, but they did not even try to help him. Robert was fast 22, when Henry threw off his clothes, and sprang into the water, By great effort, and 23 much danger to himself, he brought Robert to the shore, and thus saved his life.
Robert and his schoolmates were 24 at having called Henry a coward. They admitted that he had more 25 than any of them.
Never be afraid to do good, but always fear to do evil.
16. A. cried B. jumped C. said D. turned
17.A something B. anything C. nothing D. everything
18. A. Or B. But C. And D. So
19. A. afterward B. before C. ago D. later